Senior Housing & Assisted Living

Posted on Sep 5, 2012

Senior housing can include assisted living facilities.  If an assisted living facility provides personal care to seniors in a residential setting they are officially termed residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFE’s).  RCFE’s are licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, and are regulated under Title 22 and the California Health and Safety Code.  Consequently, assisted living facilities that deliver personal care are licensed RCFE’s.  Therefore, if you are looking for “senior housing” that provides personal care for your loved one, you might start looking for “assisted living facilities.”

On the other hand, if you’re looking for senior housing that doesn’t provide personal care, but does have activities, social events, etc., then you are looking for an independent living community.  Independent living communities are retirement communities for the elderly.  They don’t provide personal care, but they do have social events and other services.

Wild Rose Care Home is a Santa Rosa assisted living facility.  If you are looking for assisted living care, contact owner Mary Garcia, RN at (707) 695-2937 to schedule a free tour.

Need help finding assisted living?  Call Accessible Elder Care at (707) 237-2750 to get a free referral today!